Tonight marks another low blood sugar in the grocery store night…. went in for some chili powder and walked out with the loss of my dignity.
Background: Worked out tonight without my Continuous Glucose Monitor of which could have warned me of a low blood sugar and to top that I did not use a “temp basal rate” on my pump before or during workout, which would have decreased my insulin rates as I worked out and thereby kept me normaler. “Normaler”….it’s not an actual word, but it should be.
1. Jell-o Pudding – this sounded delicious at the time…too bad I did not think to purchase milk to make it.
2. Lime flavored Jell-o. I’ve said it before, but I don’t like Jello. The only time it appeals to me is if it is in the form of an alcoholic shot or I have a low blood sugar.
3. Trash bags – I actually needed these and there was a coupon on the box.
4. The movie “Just Go With It” – I just watched this and definitely did not need to buy it. Who buys DVD’s these days when you can just buy and download instantly through the internet? That’s right. I’m down with the 21st century, yo.
5. Kraft Mac and Cheese (I got the blue box blues) – too bad this is another item that requires milk…
6. Juice boxes (a low blood sugar staple for most diabetics)
7. Peanut Butter
8. Grape Jelly – already have a full jar of this in the fridge that I barely use.
9. A kit-kat – Ate this in the car before driving home.
10. A suduko book – I don’t even know..guess I wanted to improve my brain a little.
11. Crayola Crayons (or as I say “crowns”) and a Minnie and Mickey coloring book.
12. A 1000 piece puzzle of a castle…I think I reverted to a 10 year old child…
13. Oreos – it should be noted that I already had bought Oreos earlier today…of which will be taken to my co-workers tomorrow by the demand of a good friend who knows I don’t want that stuff in my house no mo. Thank you, friend.
14. Diet Dr. Pepper – Oh, I curse the carbonated deliciousness of this drink. I’m trying to not buy soda for my house and only drink water when inside these beautiful walls.
15. Crush Orange Single Serving Drink Mixes – similar to the Crystal Light packets you put in a bottle of water. I don’t know what to think about this….will it just be an orange flavor? Will it some how turn my water into a carbonated orange drink? I’ll find out tomorrow.
And best of all when I went to check-out I got distracted by the candy in front of me and handed the cashier my phone instead of my coupon for the trash bags. He gave me a strange look like I was a weirdo so I gave him a look like “What’s you problem, man?” He just handed me my phone back and I put my head down in shame.
Thankfully, I went back to the store later and was allowed to return the movie, coloring book, puzzle, jelly, and oreos (I still have my first package for work tomorrow..minus 3 cookies…ok, ok. 4!). I don’t think they are technically suppose to allow the return of food items…but oh well…works for me!
And…Yes…. I did not even get what I went in there to buy in the first place. Chili powder. Luckily I located a pack in my cupboard. If I had known this, this whole event could have been avoided.